HAVE two wins in the past week turned Manchester United’s form around or can Crystal Palace throw another spanner in the Old Trafford works?
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace odds
Here are the latest match odds for Manchester United vs Crystal Palace odds from our top-rated football bookies:
⏩ Quick betting tips for Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- Man Utd to win to nil – 13/8 with Spreadex
- Eze over 2.5 shots – 11/8 with bet365
- Ward at least 1 shot – 15/8 with William Hill
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace betting preview
These sides will be meeting for the second time this week on Saturday, United having triumphed 3-0 in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night.
The line-ups will doubtless be considerably different for this Premier League rematch but will the result change?
United were kings of seeing off the ‘lesser’ sides at Old Trafford last season (see below), while Palace posted just a single win against the teams who finished in the top half.
Yes, the hosts have struggled at times so far this season but they are getting players back and you’d expect to see something of an upturn.
Big summer signing Mason Mount played in midweek, as did Rafael Varane and Harry Maguire. All give them extra options in areas the Red Devils have struggled with in recent times.
Palace have managed to score only one goal in their last three games, with their attacking output well down from the start of the campaign.
A lot, maybe too much, seems to rest on England international Eberechi Eze.
While it may not be pretty, United can collect three points here.
📝 Manchester United vs Crystal Palace key stats
- Only Erling Haaland has taken more shots in the current Premier League season than Palace’s Eberechi Eze and United’s Marcus Rashford.
- Against last season’s bottom 14, which included Palace, Man Utd won 12 times at Old Trafford. Nine of those saw them keep a clean sheet.
- Palace failed to win away to any of the top 10 last season, picking up just four points in those matches. They lost this particular fixture 2-1 but have won at Old Trafford twice in their last four visits.
- Manchester United welcomed back Rafael Varane and Harry Maguire in midweek to boost their defensive options but Lisandro Martinez remains an injury doubt. Sergio Reguilon missed out in midweek due to illness so fellow new signing Sofyan Amrabat could deputise again at left-back.
- Palace have a lengthy injury list with Michael Olise and Jefferson Lerma among the key men likely to miss out.
Manchester United vs Crystal Palace best bets
🥅 Man Utd to win to nil
United made a habit of doing this at Old Trafford last season and with players returning after injury, they can grind out another win here.
Burnley were beaten with a gritty display – and a touch of class from Bruno Fernandes – last weekend and something similar could well follow.
Palace have scored just once in their last three games in all competitions and so may not be able to offer the necessary threat.
⚽ Back United to win to nil at 13/8 at Spreadex ⚽
🥅 Eberechi Eze over 2.5 shots
At 11/8, this looks a value play given Eze has landed the bet in all nine appearances so far this season.
He’s very much taken over from Wilfried Zaha as Palace’s main man and his shots tally reflects that.
United’s midfield has been the weak link of late so expect Eze to find some good positions there and he’s not afraid to try his luck from distance.
⚽ Back Eze over 2.5 shots at 11/8 at bet365 ⚽
🥅 Joel Ward at least 1 shot
Ward has been sought out from set-plays more often in recent weeks and that’s seen him deliver on this bet in each of his last three matches.
United had plenty of problems defending set plays last season and while the numbers have improved a bit on that front so far this term, it’s an area which Palace will surely look to exploit.
The odds look worth a nibble.
⚽ Back Ward at least 1 shot at 15/8 at William Hill ⚽
📺 How to watch Manchester United vs Crystal Palace
- Location: Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester
- Time: 15:00 on Saturday (September 30)
- Where to watch: Not televised in the UK
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
Check out our top accumulator tips for this weekend including juicy five-fold
Best Online Casinos UK – Casino sites top-rated by experts September 2023
All the best UK casino welcome bonuses for new players revealed
Get cash quick as a flash with our guide to the best instant withdrawal casinos
Source: Read Full Article