IN England the sun is still shining and many Brits have hopes of the warmer temperatures continuing into August.
A long hot summer would make a short break next month a great opportunity to soak up the sun, and there are lots of bargains to be found.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
Not only is it the last month of summer, but August is also when we have our next Bank Holiday weekend, offering lots of opportunity for summer fun at home.
From cost-effective Pontins breaks to seaside escapes, there are bargains to be had if you know where to look – starting from just £99 per stay.
Some of the best deals are:
- Three-night August breaks with Sykes Cottages for Dorset, Yorkshire, Kent from £307 per stay
- Three-night VRBO summer seaside deals from £142 per stay
- Three-night John Fowler breaks for Devon, Cornwall and Somerset from £274 per stay
- August seven-night breaks with Haven from £460 per stay
- Park Holidays three-night breaks in Essex, Devon, Kent, Suffolk and Sussex from £429 per stay
- Pontins staycations from £99 per family
- Near the beach holiday homes, lodges and cottages three-night breaks with Snaptrip from £647 per stay
- Shorefield Holidays breaks from £509 per stay
- Away Resorts Summer school holiday breaks from £407 per stay
- Sykes Cottages August three-night breaks from £265 per stay
- Airbnb Devon August weekend breaks from £281 per stay
- Airbnb Cornwall August weekend breaks from £234 per stay
There's still strong demand for staycations at the moment, despite the fact that double vaccinated Brits can now travel to amber list countries without having to quarantine on their return.
It has been reported that 90 per cent of summer holidays are sold out as UK tour operators warn that bookings are still soaring.
Haven holiday parks have extended their holiday season until November due to the surge in demand.
Blackpool meanwhile has seen the highest visitor numbers in a decade, as Brits ditch Spain for the seaside resort.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Last minute UK July holidays for the heatwave
- Away Resorts open new Lincolnshire park
- Best London theatre breaks from £139pp
- Late July holidays in the UK from £99 per stay
- Parkdean Resorts have autumn breaks from £99
- Best UK weekend and midweek breaks over the school holidays
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article