Woman in tears after mistaking Apple AirPod for painkiller and swallowing it

A woman had the ultimate panic attack when she mistook her wireless headphones for a painkiller and swallowed one of them whole.

Carli, from Massachusetts, US, posted a video of herself crying in front of the camera shortly after the freaky accident.

"I ate my f***ing left AirPod," she cried in the clip.

"I was crawling into bed and I had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f**king AirPod — my left earbud — in the other.

"I, like, threw something back and took my water bottle, took a sip.

"I then realised that it wasn’t the ibuprofen and I tried puking it up and it won't come out. I'm f***ing losing my mind."

She said the mishap happened on November 5 when she slept over at her friend's house in Somerville.

The next day, she disconnected her AirPods and received a notification from her phone that read: "An AirPods Pro has been moving with you for a while.

"The owner can see its location. You can play a sound to find it."

Carli played the "Find My Airpod" sound and said she could faintly hear it from inside her.

On Monday (November 8), she told viewers that she had passed the earphone out of her bodily system.

She also had an X-ray to confirm that her internal organs were not harmed.

Carli opened her tracking app and detected two separate AirPods.

She said: "One was last seen 20 minutes ago, which was the one in the case.

For more stories from the Daily Star, sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"The AirPod that was in my stomach was last seen yesterday around 3.50am in Somerville, so that's probably the time when the battery died.

"But yeah, AirPod is out of my body."

Her video has triggered a lot of funny responses in the comments, with one asking: "So did you put the ibuprofen in your ear?"

"I'd turn the volume to the max and have the dopest internal speaker of all time," a second joked.

Source: Read Full Article