SCHOOL is well and truly out for summer.
It has been a trying year and more than ever parents will need some affordable ways to keep kids busy for the next six weeks.
This week, I’m going to be sharing all my top tips for the summer holidays.
First up, it’s feeding the family for less.
- Morrisons’ “Kids Eat Free” deal is now on at their cafes. Order an adult meal, spend a minimum of £4.50 and kids can choose a free meal from the kids’ menu.
- Throughout the summer holidays, Tesco Cafe will be running an exclusive offer for kids to eat free. Every child will get a free meal when an adult spends just £3.50.
The deal will run for a limited time only — from now until the beginning of September. Children can choose from a variety of sandwiches, soft drinks, fruit, snacks or a kids’ hot meal.
- Head to the Asda cafe for their kids-eat-free deal. Normally it’s only Monday-Friday after 3pm but throughout July and August the deal will be available all day every day until September. Kids eat free when an adult spends £4 in the cafe. The offer is available to children aged 16 and under.
- Hungry Horse has launched a mouthwatering deal this summer, meaning kids can fuel up on breakfast for free throughout the summer holidays.
Available at all open Hungry Horse pubs, the offer is available every day between 8am-noon and is valid when an adult breakfast dish is bought for at least £2.99. For a family of four taking advantage of the deal, if mum, dad and two kids each had a Full English breakfast they could feed the family for as little as £1.50 per person.
Brewers Fayre pubs also offer free brekkie for kids with paying adults, too.
- Download the Olio app. Many people give away excess food and drink via the app and it could help fill your cupboards and feed the kids, this summer.
- PRICES correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of day
BUY one Wilkinson Sword garden tool and get another free. This trowel is £7.95, so you could get the fork (which is the same price) for free.
DRESS them up with the George at Asda baby sale. Get this tan striped bodysuit and dungarees set for £5, when it’s normally £9.
BIG news for Co-op as today it launches its first own-brand alternative milk, The Oaty One.
At just 79p for 1 litre, this is an extension of Co-op’s commitment to price-match its own-brand plant-based range to its non-vegan equivalents.
Do pop in and check out the great products.
FAMILY holiday essentials include armbands, but instead of the Zoggs ones for £9 a pair, head to Decathlon, which has a similar set for £3.99.
Giselle’s little helper
GET your festive fill for half price.
Order a Pret Christmas Sandwich via Deliveroo until July 31 and get 50 per cent off.
The discount is only available to customers via the Deliveroo app, and running for this week as the sarnies disappear from shelves at the end of the month and won’t be back until the festive season.
Shop & save
BRIGHTEN up your room with wall art from desenio.co.uk. The store is having a flash summer sale, with 40 per cent off all summer prints until the end of today.
Hot right now
BED down with 40 per cent off the Emma Original double bed frame at emma-mattress.co.uk.
Was £599, now £359.60, when you use the code SUN40 at the checkout. SAVE: £239.40
Play now to win £100 on The Sun Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in The Sun Raffle.
Every month we’re giving away £100 to 250 lucky readers – whether you’re saving up or just in need of some extra cash, The Sun could have you covered.
Every Sun Savers code entered equals one Raffle ticket. The more codes you enter, the more tickets you'll earn and the more chance you will have of winning!
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Source: Read Full Article