No mystery may be too difficult for a Swiftie to solve.
A colorful, building-tall set of wings from street artist Kelsey Montague debuted this week in Nashville’s Gulch neighborhood and Taylor Swift faithful believe the new art ties into the star’s mysterious social media countdown.
In a barrage of social media posts, Swift fans explain:
- The mural’s soft colors match the image tone used by Swift to tease her upcoming announcement.
- The mural contains seven flowers, a nod to Swift’s would-be seventh studio album.
- It also features 13 hearts, a signal to the number Swift heavily incorporates into her work.
- Swift’s posted three photos to Instagram this week that feature her sporting butterfly heels.
- Bonus evidence: The street art features cats, a nod to Swift’s beloved pets (and possibly her role in the upcoming “Cats” film?)
A mural by street artist Kelsey Montague, pictured on April 18, 2019. (Photo: Matthew Leimkuehler/Tennessean)
The city’s even getting in on the conspiracy, posting to its official Instagram page: “Hmm ? Does this new @kelseymontagueart mural in @thegulchnashville have something to do with @taylorswift? Only time will tell!”
View this post on Instagram
Hmm ? Does this new @kelseymontagueart mural in @thegulchnashville have something to do with @taylorswift? Only time will tell! Photo by @satchel_swift
A post shared by Nashville Tennessee (@nashvilletn) on
Taylor Swift’s countdown
Swift launched last week a countdown on social media that ends April 26 at midnight Eastern time (11 p.m. local), leading many to believe new music could be imminent. It’d be Swift’s first release since parting ways with Nashville label Big Machine Records last year.
The wings wouldn’t be Montague’s first interaction with Swift, either. In 2014, the “Delicate” pop star posted an Instagram photo featuring Montague’s #whatliftsyou New York art.
Montague’s responsible for the famed Gulch mural that often attracts a block-long line of visitors prepping for an Instagram-perfect pose.
Swift released her sixth studio album, “Reputation,” in November 2017 and supported the album on a record-breaking stadium tour that stopped in Nashville last summer.
Source: Read Full Article