Prince Harry’s candid response when asked about birth of Princess Charlotte

Prince Harry hit back at a Sky News journalist when she asked him how he felt about missing the birth of Princess Charlotte .

Rhiannon Mills, the Royal correspondent for the news organisation, today recalled her first conversation with Duke of Sussex – and how his response to one of her questions left her gobsmacked.

She asked the royal: "Did you feel that you missed out on this big moment for your brother and sister in law," to which Harry said: "Look when you’ve been in the Army and when you lost your mother at the age that I did, you toughen up."

Speaking today on Sky News podcast Behind the Royals, Ms Mills described Harry, now 34, as "very open" and "down to Earth".


She added: "I just thought wow, that is quite something to be said in the very first conversation I had ever had with him.

"But it gave me an insight into the kind of man that he was in that he will be very open.

"What was amazing about that conversation was how down to earth he was. How candid he was."

Harry spent his first night away from his baby son and wife Meghan Markle at an overseas charity event this week.

The couple welcomed baby Archie on May 6.

Since then, the Duke of Sussex reportedly spoke of plans to take the tot on his first trip abroad to South Africa – later this year.

A source close to Harry said: "People have been informed that the Duke and Duchess will be coming.


"Early preparations have begun."

Harry and Meghan previously went on a romantic getaway to Botswana in 2017.

Her engagement ring reportedly had a diamond from Botswana in the centre of it.

The Prince visited Africa many times as a youngster, often volunteering with charities.

Source: Read Full Article