American actress and filmmaker Olivia Wilde and American actor, comedian, producer, and writer Jason Sudeikis Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde released a joint statement to slam their children’s former nanny for making “false and scurrilous accusations” against them.
The former couple, who were together from 2011 until 2020 and share two children, spoke out on Monday in response to a story published by The Daily Mail, in which a woman described as a former nanny for the two stars divulged alleged private details about the time leading up to and around their split.
“As parents, it is incredibly upsetting to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to make such false and scurrilous accusations about us publicly,” their joint statement provided to The Richest. “Her now 18 month long campaign of harassing us, as well as loved ones, close friends and colleagues, has reached its unfortunate apex.”
RELATED: The 8 Highest-Grossing Olivia Wilde Films, Ranked
“We will continue to focus on raising and protecting our children with the sincere hope that she will now choose to leave our family alone,” the statement concluded.
The unnamed woman, whose claims have not been verified by The Richest, spoke with the British outlet about the couple’s interactions amid Wilde’s relationship with Harry Styles, with whom she was working on the set of her film, “Don’t Worry Darling.”
Their statement comes just hours after the Daily Mail published an article in which their nanny made a series of bombshell accusations — claiming that Sudeikis discovered Wilde had hooked up with Harry Styles at Palm Springs after finding emails between the pair on her old Apple watch.
The woman, who spoke anonymously to the Daily Mail, also alleged that the “Ted Lasso” star, 47, was so distraught after finding out about Wilde’s affair with Styles that he threw himself in front of her car to stop her from going to see the former boy-band heartthrob.
She also claimed that Sudeikis fired her on Feb. 1, 2021, when he was in a drunken rage.
She told the Daily Mail, “On the Monday morning [of] Nov. 9, when I came back from a weekend off, [Jason] was crying a lot, crying and crying. I didn’t know what had happened at all.
“After I’d got the kids ready, Jason came upstairs and was having some coffee. He was crying and a mess, saying, ‘She left us. She left us!’”
The nanny — who worked with them for more than three years — further alleged that Sudeikis swiftly banned staffers from listening to any of Styles’ music in his house after the revelation.
The nanny claimed that Sudeikis was completely blindsided when Wilde, 38, broke things off — despite the actress and director’s constant refrain that their separation was amicable, per Page Six.
Recently, Wilde refuted claims that she broke things off with Sudeikis to be with Styles, 28. “The complete horses–t idea that I left Jason for Harry is completely inaccurate,” she told Vanity Fair in a cover story published last month. “Our relationship was over long before I met Harry.”
While the Booksmart director acknowledged that she and Sudeikis “had a very bumpy road” prior to their breakup, Wilde maintained they “officially dissolved the relationship towards the beginning of the pandemic,” but continued to live together and “co-parented through that time.”
“Once it became clear that cohabitating was no longer beneficial for the children, it became the responsible thing to not,” she added, “because we could be better parents as friends who live in different houses.”
READ NEXT: Ant Anstead Former Laguna Beach Cottage Dream House Lists For $3.3 Million
Sources: E! News, Entertainment Weekly, Page Six, Daily Mail, CNN
Source: Read Full Article