STEP aside scruffy joggers and toothpaste-stained t-shirts: loungewear is having a moment.
With many of us still spending more hours at home than ever, there’s no better time to check out the best loungewear you can buy in 2020.
Thank you to my bby @samsmith for my nomination! Staying at home right now is so important. I’m a A* student when it comes to sitting on my couch 😇 Let’s all do our bit and stop this virus spreading! We can do this together 👊🏼 #allinthistogether #istayhomefor BIG shoutout to our wonderful @nhswebsite #nhs I nominate @iamsamcoxy @lucyandlydia @bodyposipanda @meghan_trainor @[email protected] 🖤
A post shared byPerrie Edwards ✌️🌻 (@perrieedwards) on
The need for loungewear that not only feels super comfy but makes us feel amazing is always a must when you're dressing for indoors. Staying in doesn’t have to mean sacrificing on style, and it’s a massive mood-booster when we dress to make ourselves feel good.
It’s no surprise though that we’re finding our usual attire just doesn’t quite work when we’re chilling indoors all day; who wants to be cooped up in stiff jeans when cosy jerseys are on offer?
Give your daywear wardrobe a run for its money by swapping trousers for sleek co-ords and blouses for the boldest sweatshirts.
If you’re in need of some head-to-toe inspiration, we’ve put 11 fits together from the likes of Sweaty Betty, Lululemon, Ted Baker and more.
Dig in and let us know your fave look in the comments below…
1. Best loungewear co-ords: Boux Avenue
- Heart fur hooded long dressing gown, £55 from Boux Avenue – buy here
- Twisted slider slippers, £16 from Boux Avenue – buy here
- Loved slogan sweatshirt, £30 from Boux Avenue – buy here
- Pin seam jogger, £30 from Boux Avenue – buy here
A must in every loungewear collection, everyone should own a stylish co-ord: there's just something to be said for a matching two-piece that makes you feel polished and put together, even when you're just chilling out at home.
Lingerie and sleepwear gurus, Boux Avenue, have a cosy range of loungewear sets available online right now, and this sweatshirt and jogger in powder blue has really caught our eye.
Team it with trainers and a big coat for your lunchtime errands and throw on a fluffy dressing gown and slippers when you're back home.
2. Best loungewear fabric selection: Lululemon
- Back In Action Long Sleeve, £48 from Lululemon – buy here
- Soft Ambitions HR Jogger, £98 from Lululemon – buy here
- Scuba Full Zip Hoodie, £98 from Lululemon – buy here
Lululemon is a great brand to support, not only for its quality loungewear but its sustainability vision: it focuses on a responsible supply chain and its own environmental footprint to ensure products are always eco-friendly.
This look is a lesson in simplicity, with timeless quality pieces you’ll love forever. The HR jogger is crafted from a super-soft fabric that is naturally breathable and has a cinchable drawcord at the waist for maximum comfort.
Throw on a simple black top and Lululemon’s signature hoodie in a light cotton fleece fabric, and this is a look that was made for lounging in style.
3. Best sustainable loungewear: BAM
- Jersey bamboo yoga pants, £44 from BAM – buy here
- Bamboo cable knit socks navy & black 2 pairs, £15 from BAM – buy here
- Foel-fras oversized bamboo knit, £79 from BAM – buy here
If you're looking for loungewear that not only looks good but is eco-friendly to boot, you'll love environmentally sustainable brand, BAM.
Each piece is made from bamboo fabric, which absorbs five times more carbon than hardwood trees and requires half the land that cotton needs.
It's also an ultra-soft, cotton-like fabric that's highly absorbent — making it a great choice for exercise and loungewear.
We're loving the jersey bamboo yoga pants in deep emerald, which are perfectly smart and relaxed.
Paired with a complementing jewel-toned merino-bamboo blend jumper and cosy socks, this is a loungewear look that's just as chic for indoor wear as it is for popping outside to run errands.
4. Best for loungewear staples: Missguided
- Black casual loungewear jumpsuit, £30 from Missguided – buy here
- White teddy borg scrunchie, £3.50 (was £5) from Missguided – buy here
- Beige borg cross over slippers, £9 from Missguided – buy here
Missguided has an extensive range of amazing loungewear staples at great prices — from leggings and joggers to hoodies, sweatshirts and all-in-ones.
Right now, we can’t think of anything more comfy than slipping into this easy-wearing jumpsuit and cosy borg slippers.
Pop your hair up with a coordinating borg scrunchie and you've got yourself one seriously chic loungewear look!
5. Best loungewear for going bold: Missguided
- Petite black west coast sweater dress, £11 (was £22) from Missguided – buy here
- White faux leather flatform trainers, £17.50 from Missguided – buy here
- Grey basic leggings, £10 from Missguided – buy here
We’ve said it once, we’ll say it again: loungewear doesn’t have to mean tracksuit bottoms. It’s all about getting creative with your fabrics and silhouettes!
Mooching around at home looks just as good in a dress and you can't go wrong with a slouchy, oversized silhouette like this sweater dress from Missguided.
Layer up with leggings if you’re chilly, and throw on a pair of simple flatform trainers in white when you need to pop out for supplies.
This takes lounging to an elevated place and we're here for it.
6. Best for comfort loungewear: John Lewis
- John Lewis & Partners Sheepskin Mule Slippers, £49 from John Lewis – buy here
- White Stuff Slumber Jumper, £49.95 from John Lewis – buy here
- White Stuff Jersey Jogger, £40 from John Lewis – buy here
Forget everything you thought about loungewear being drab: this ensemble available at John Lewis is stylish, comfy and undeniable proof that a statement jumper can completely elevate a pair of joggers.
We’ve gone straight in for the White Stuff's slumber jumper which we’re predicting won’t be around for long — it looks that good!
It’s made from a soft knit blend with a relaxed shape that's perfect for lounging around in.
Teamed with the brand's jersey joggers and a pair of fluffy sheepskin John Lewis slippers, this look is ultra-chic and seriously cosy.
7. Best maternity/nursing loungewear: La Redoute
- Cotton Mix Maternity/Nursing Pyjamas, £34 from La Redoute – buy here
- Star Print Slipper Boots, £24 from La Redoute – buy here
- Long Brushed Knit Cardigan, £30 from La Redoute – buy here
Comfortable clothing should never be underestimated when you're expecting or nursing, and La Redoute has some amazing options for lounging mamas that not only feel great but look ultra-stylish too.
Made from pure cotton, this pretty pyjama set is perfectly presentable for wearing around the house as loungewear, while the top also has adjustable straps with clips for breastfeeding.
8. Best tonal loungewear look: Sweaty Betty
- Power Gym Zip Through Jacket, £95 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
- Stamina Sports Bra, £35 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
- Serenity Culotte Jumpsuit, £95 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
Who said loungewear couldn’t be on-trend?
We’re absolutely loving this culotte jumpsuit from Sweaty Betty which makes such a great alternative to the traditional tracksuit bottom look we’ve come to associate with loungewear. Even better, its 'beetle blue' hue can be found on other pieces from the brand, perfect for creating a luxe head-to-toe tonal look.
Crafted from a loose-fitting jersey, it’s super comfortable — especially teamed with a supportive bra underneath.
A coordinating jacket for warmth ties this outfit together.
9. Best luxe loungewear co-ord: Ted Baker
- Sweatshirt with knitted stripe, £89 from Ted Baker – buy here
- Jogger with striped trim, £89 from Ted Baker – buy here
- Leather metallic detail webbing trainers, £109 from Ted Baker – buy here
If you're after a loungewear look that's ultra-stylish and polished, nothing says luxury like Ted Baker.
We’re head over heels for this beautiful co-ord which is emblazoned with lurex stripe detail, giving a real luxe feel to an otherwise classic black sweatshirt and joggers look.
The beauty of these pieces is the number of ways you can wear them — style together for the full coordinated experience, or mix and match with other items from your loungewear collection to create your own stylish off-duty looks.
A pair of leather trainers keeps this ensemble looking cool and relaxed, with glam metallic webbing to really complete the statement.
10. Best work-from-home loungewear: Outerknown
- Bamboo Base Layer Fitted Singlet, £24.95 from Outerknown – buy here
- Valeria Bamboo Soft Jersey Printed Trousers, £39.95 from Outerknown – buy here
- Perils Curve Hem Loose Fit Jumper, £69.95 from Outerknown – buy here
If you're working from home, you'll know that restrictive jeans and structured garments just don't quite cut the mustard when you're curled up on the sofa with your laptop.
Instead, loose and flowing fabrics are ideal for staying comfortable, but you'll still want to feel your best by wearing pieces that are presentable and stylish.
That's where Outerknown comes in. With an emphasis on sustainability, you'll find beautifully soft, quality basics from the brand which will become true wardrobe staples.
We're in love with the bamboo fabrication of the printed trousers and white singlet top which will look ultra-chic paired with the organic cotton and wool jumper.
Luxe lounging at its finest.
11. Best for quirky loungewear: Urban Outfitters
- UO Colorado Springs Pink Crew Neck Sweatshirt, £42 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High-Top Trainers, £57 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- Archive Black Velour Rib Flare Trousers, £34 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
Urban Outfitters is known for its quirky, vintage-inspired take on fashion so it's a great go-to for loungewear if you're looking for something a little more unique.
We're loving the velour ribbed take on the classic 90s style flare trouser, which looks amazing paired with an oversized graphic sweatshirt.
Throw on a pair of converse and this is a loungewear outfit that looks effortlessly stylish and put together — perfect if you need to leave the house for milk and don't want to lose your style cred!
Enjoyed our guide for the best loungewear in 2020? Why not check out the best trainers for women in 2020?
We've also rounded up the best pyjamas for women.
And check out more from Sun Selects fashion here.
Source: Read Full Article