Urgent warning to parents over £1.50 'choking hazard' from Asda | The Sun

AN URGENT warning has been issued to parents after a mum dubbed a £1.50 Asda product a "choking hazard".

Worried parents fear for their kids' safety while inflating confetti balloons sold by the supermarket.

They shared their stories on a Facebook group.

Sara Dyson, 42, from Keighley said: "The balloons were purchased from our local Asda. We were blowing them up and when you inhale to exhale again, the confetti gets sucked into the back of your throat.

"My daughter laughed at me while she was blowing hers up and then she inhaled them herself. For a second it was actually quite scary."

A 29-year-old mum from South London joined the conversation and commented: "It was extremely fiddly getting the confetti in, and when I went to blow up the balloon, I ended up with a mouthful of the stuff.

Read More

Key question cops need to answer to crack missing mum case, expert says

Travel chaos as UK airport cancels flights due to freezing fog

"It took a few seconds before I managed to get it all out before choking.

"At first I thought it was funny, hence the expression in the photo. But if that was a child it would have definitely been a huge choking issue."

Jamie Newman bought the balloons for her daughter's birthday.

The 37-year-old said: "I poured the confetti into the silly cardboard funnel and it all got stuck.

Most read in Fabulous


I'm a skincare expert – how Madonna's face has changed in battle against wrinkles

Back off

I never wear a bra but it’s so gross when pervy men stare – – it’s unacceptable


Mum-of-13 who has 8 different baby daddies says people always judge her


Pro piercer reveals the four piercings everyone should steer clear of

"Not thinking things through I decided to blow on the funnel to push the confetti through. Instead of going into the balloon it all shot to the back of my throat and got stuck for a few seconds. Luckily I managed to cough it out."

The packaging of this product does state that it is not suitable for children under the age of three.

Instructions also advise the balloons should be inflated by a pump.

Finally there is a suffocation warning printed on the packaging.

A spokesperson for Asda said: "There are clear instructions on the packaging of this product which state that the use of a balloon pump is recommended. There are also warnings advising that the product is not suitable for children.

"If a customer has an issue with any of our products, we encourage them to contact us directly so that we can try to understand their concerns.”

Source: Read Full Article