THE Queen will be celebrating her Platinum Jubilee in an eventful four-day weekend in June.
From 2 June to 5 June there will be a whole host of events on — from the Trooping the Colour to The Platinum Jubilee Party In the Park —to mark the Queen's 70-year reign.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue.
For anyone looking to make the most of the extra long bank holiday weekend coming up, there are plenty of ways to mark the occasion.
Some Brits may be throwing an intimate do in their own home, while others are set to take part in street parties planned across the UK.
If you choose to throw a party of your own to take part in the festivities, there are plenty of themed accessories to help you prep for the big day.
Check out all the best Platinum Jubilee Party decorations and supermarket deals below if you're stuck for ideas.
READ MORE SUN STORIES
Inside the Queen’s spectacular Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
Aldi’s Kevin the Carrot is BACK with new merch for the Queen’s Jubilee
Best Jubilee Party Decorations
1. Platinum Jubilee Street Party Kit
Whether you are planning a small gathering in your home, garden or taking part in a street party, having a kit that includes everything you need is the perfect time-saver.
This kit comes complete with placemats, napkins, table runners as well as candles and can be purchased for between two to 12 people.
- Platinum Jubilee Street Party Kit, from £59 from Table Day – buy here
2. Platinum Jubilee Bunting Banner
Bunting is a quick and easy way to transform the your home ahead of any Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
This unique bunting has alternate royal themed designs emblazoned on it, and is ideal for adding some fun decorations on a budget.
- Platinum Jubilee Bunting Banner, £3.99 from eBay – buy here
3. Queen Platinum Jubilee Garland Elizabeth Party Decoration 2022
We do love bunting, and for those looking for something a little more fun and colourful than the classic Union Jack print, this is for you.
This garland is an ode to Her Majesty and her famous colourful wardrobe.
- Queen Platinum Jubilee Garland Elizabeth Party Decoration 2022, £15.99 from Amazon – buy here
4.Jubilee Balloon Arch
Everyone loves a balloon arch, no matter what the occasion. But this Platinum Jubilee version will definitely give your gathering the extra wow-factor.
The balloons will need to be blown up, but are easy enough to assemble to transform your home into a venue fit for a royal.
- Jubilee Balloon Arch, £16 from Next – buy here
5. Cut Out of Queen Elizabeth II
If you missed out on tickets to Party in the Park, or the Queen's Big Lunch and the chance to catch a glimpse of the Queen on her royal parade, fear not.
You can bring the British monarch to your party with this fun cut out decoration.
- Cut Out of Queen Elizabeth II, £34.99 from Amazon – buy here
6. Platinum Jubilee Celebration Hamper
You can't celebrate the Platinum Jubilee without a royal feast fit for Her Majesty, and M&S is the place to shop.
M&S has a whole host of hampers to choose from, including this £100 one that includes a bottle of bubbly, scones, mini Colin the Caterpillar cakes, Victoria sponge cakes and crackers.
- Platinum Jubilee Celebration Hamper, £100 from M&S – buy here
7. Talking Tables Right Royal Spectacle 2-tier cake stand
Present your tasty spread on something appealing, which is where a an on theme cake stand comes in useful.
Selfridges has a stunning royal cake stand perfect for your Jubilee do.
- Talking Tables Right Royal Spectacle 2-tier cake stand, £15 from Selfridges – buy here
8. Ginger Ray Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bunting
Can you tell we are a little obsessed with bunting?
It's no surprise when there are multiple royal themed variations on offer. This one from John Lewis is the perfect party tag line for your celebrations.
- Ginger Ray Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bunting, £7 from John Lewis – buy here
9. Party Invite For The Queen's Jubilee Street Party
When hosting a party it is paramount you send out invites, so your guests know exactly where to be and when.
This illustrated set of party invites certainly gets our seal of approval.
- Party Invite For The Queen's Jubilee Street Party, £7 from Not On the Street – buy here
10. Personalised Platinum Jubilee Banner
Go big or go home, right?
Etsy has created an impressive Platinum Jubilee banner, which can be personalised ahead of your event.
- Personalised Platinum Jubilee Banner, £10.95 from Etsy – buy here
Best Jubilee party Supermarket deals
No Jubilee party will be complete without food.
Whether you are opting for finger food, a BBQ, or finger food.
While some may opt for a pre-made hamper, others may be in need of a cake, other sweet treats, or savoury picky bits to indulge in.
From M&S and Ocado, to Iceland and Aldi, we have scoured the supermarkets for the best deals across food and drink.
- Jubilee Party Food range starts from as low as £1 at Iceland – buy here
- 4 for £30 on cans of fizzy drink at Iceland – buy here
- Aldi's Super Weekly offers – buy here
- M&S Dine in for £12 – shop here
- M&S also has a dedicated Jubilee food section to shop here
- Got a Tesco Clubcard? Find major food and drink discounts – shop here
- Morrisons offer huge discounts across bakery, picnic, BBQ and drinks ranges – shop here
- Asda is offering 2 for £7 on select BBQ items – shop here
What date is the Jubilee 2022?
The Queen officially celebrated her 70-year Platinum Jubilee on 6 February.
However, the official Platinum Jubilee celebrations will take place in June.
Celebrations will start on 2 June, with festivities coming to an end on Sunday 5 June.
How do you organise a Jubilee street party?
While some may be planning an intimate do in their own home, others may be opting for an almighty street party and if that's the case you may need to alert your local council.
The official government website has listed the full procedure to follow when planning a street party for the Platinum Jubilee.
If you are arranging a small do with your neighbours or residents, which hasn't been publicly advertised, as a general rule of thumb no insurance or licences are needed.
However, the website stipulates a public party that has been advertised and takes place in a public space, will need insurance, a risk assessment and a license.
In either case, it is advised that you alert your local council ahead of planning and hosting the event.
When you have the go ahead, it gets to the fun part – planning and prepping.
For those planning a Jubilee street party it is paramount you work out a timetable for the day and liaise with neighbours and guests.
Divide the major tasks, you can even ask attendees to bring food and drink to contribute.
More Queen's Platinum Jubilee Stories
the missing piece
Queen fights back tears during granddaughter's tribute to Prince Philip
the missing piece
The Queen leaves fans in hysterics with her reaction to Alan Titchmarsh
Queen's Platinum Jubilee viewers all say same thing as they slam ITV show
Queen raises nation's spirits with first Platinum Jubilee appearance
Looking for Jubilee memorabilia? A new 50p coin is being launched to commemorate Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
Need to check what's happening during the celebrations? Inside Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations and the key dates YOU need to know
If you are heading out over the bank holiday weekend – check what time will pubs open and close for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee?
Want to find more savings on your online shopping? Then head to Sun Vouchers where you can get discounts and voucher codes on hundreds of top retailers including B&Q, Boots, Iceland, Lookfantastic, Dunelm, adidas and more.
Source: Read Full Article