BARGAIN-hunting Brits have been trying to snap up the best deals in the January sales.
Four savvy shoppers have revealed how they have made an incredible £188 in savings already, taking advantage of amazing deals online.
From using comparison websites, to doing research in advance, the frugal shoppers revealed to LovetheSales.com how they bagged their savings and gave their top tips…
1. Charlotte Simpson 22, Hairdresser from Kent
Top tip – Plan ahead
"I could've saved a lot more money in 2020 on clothing, if I planned ahead and bought during sale periods."
"My New Year's resolution is to plan ahead more and that was what I did with the January sales."
"I listed out the essential clothing I would need for the coming months and went bargain hunting online.
"I spent the Christmas period researching what I needed and looking up prices, by the time the January sales started, I was prepped and ready to save some money."
"Before I knew it, I had saved over £70 on essential clothing, something I wouldn't have done in 2020.
"I want to carry this money-saving mentality throughout 2021."
What Charlotte bought:
- Nasty Gal Wide-Leg Jeans | £20, was £40 | 50% off from Nasty Gal
- Nasty Gal Bra Top | £6, was £12 | 50% off from Nasty Gal through
- Nasty Gal Crop Top | £9, was £18 | 50% off from Nasty Gal through
- Converse High Top Chuck Taylor Trainers | £44, was £70 | 37% off from Ssense
- Missguided 2-pack Trousers | £18, was £30 | 40% off from Very (SOLD OUT)
Total saving: £73
2. Jessica King 27, PA from London
Top tip – Whatsapp group for best friend bargain hunters
"I know I wanted to get a few new bits in the January sales, but the problem I always find is the good stuff goes so quickly, you usually miss out."
"I created a Whatsapp group at the beginning of January, with a few of my friends who also love sales shopping.
"We recommend each other fashion garms we find online all the time, so I thought ‘why not do the same thing with bargain hunting?’"
"Before I knew it, I had my friends messaging me so many January sale deals that I would’ve completely missed. It was like having your own personal shoppers.”
“It's also been a great way to stay connected with friends whilst in lockdown."
What Jessica bought:
- Asos Crop Top | £8, was £10 | 20% off from Asos
- Asos Bra | £7.95, was £9.99 | 20% off from Asos
- Missguided Crop Top | £8.60, was £12 | 28% off from Asos (SOLD OUT)
- Nasty Gal Ribbed Top| £4, was £8 | 50% off Nasty Gal
- Nasty Gal T-Shirt | £6, was £12 | 50% off Nasty Gal
- Nasty Gal Turtle-Neck Dress | £5, was £32 | 84% off from Nasty Gal (SOLD OUT)
- French Connection Bag | £40, was £65 | 38% off from French Connection (SOLD OUT)
- Very Blazer | £18, was £25 | 28% off from Very
Total saving: £76
3. Stephen Ledster, 30, Vehicle Technician from Milton Keynes
Top tip – use comparison site tools and price drop notifications
"I love shopping comparison websites. I regularly use marketplaces like LovetheSales.com to find fashion bargains."
"I wishlisted loads of products on LovetheSales.com at Christmas and waited for the January sales period.
"As soon as one of my wishlisted items dropped in price, I got a 'price drop' notification from LovetheSales.com.
"The first thing to drop in price was a Tommy Hilfiger top for 43% off, I ended up grabbing the last one before it sold out!"
"I'm just waiting for my other wishlist items to drop in price now."
LovetheSales.com is a sales shopping platform, bringing all year round deals including Boxing Day and January sales onto one site.
Shoppers can save on everything from toys, to fashion and electronics.
What Stephen bought
- Tommy Hilfiger T-Shirt | £24, was £40 | 40% off from The Hut via LovetheSales.com (SOLD OUT)
Total saving: £16
4. Kareena Jethwa, 19, University Student from Manchester
Top tip – use student discounts and January sales
"As a student I love shopping online, as there are plenty of shops that offer a student discount.
"I regularly shop at Asos because they run 10% discounts for students."
"I wanted to get a pair of new trainers over the holidays, so I signed up to Asos emails and waited for the January sales.
"As soon as I got an email from Asos announcing the start of the January sale, I went straight through to the Trainers section and bagged a pair of Vans for 25% off, +10% off with my student discount."
"If you are a student, make sure you check if the retailer is offering a student discount first.
"I'm thrilled with grabbing a sale on top of a sale, one satisfied customer!"
What Kareena bought:
- Vans Trainers | £42, was £65 | 35% off from Asos
Total saving: £23
These DIY tips will add thousands to your home for virtually nothing.
And these are our top tips for selling your gear on eBay and how to maximise your cash.
Source: Read Full Article