Woman spots error on Primark water dispenser – but most people wouldn’t notice

Last week, the world's biggest Primark store opened in Birmingham inside a former shopping centre.

The new branch, which cost a whopping £70 million, has got a Disney café, a hair salon and all the Harry Potter-themed clothing you could ever dream of.

Clearly, a lot of work went in to making the shop as exciting as can be – but one customer recently noticed that a small but awkward blunder had been made when the finishing touches were being added.

And it's all to do with Primark's free water dispensers, which are dotted around the five-floor, 160,000 sq ft building.

But can you work out what's wrong with them?

In a now-deleted tweet, a chemistry teacher from south west England shared a photo of one of the water dispensers she saw.

Above the machine, there's a message on the wall for customers informing them that H2O is "on the house".

But something's not quite right about the text.

Alongside the photo, the teacher wrote: "I think there is a love-hate relationship between Primark and the formula of water.

"Surely not many people spotted the mistake. #YouHadOneJob."

She's talking of course about the error in the scientific formual for water.

On the wall in Primark, the formula uses a number zero instead of the letter O.

The O in H2O stands for one oxygen atom, and thus is represented by a capital letter.

Many of the teacher's followers were baffled by the post and couldn't spot anything wrong, but a few people worked it out.

One person decided to take things further and joked that due to the incorrect formula, the dispenser must give out free hydrogen gas.

They wrote: "So technically it dispenses hydrogen gas? Risky stuff…"

To which the teacher replied: "Oh didn't think about that! And what about that zero then? Could it be a subscript? H20? A superscript? Degrees? Oh the questions."

Read More

Bizarre news from Mirror Online

  • Offensive recipe compared to Porn Hub
  • Mum hits out at trolls mocking baby name
  • Woman's food poisoning common mistake
  • Venomous chilli sauce mimics spider bite
  • Postie's 'embarrassing' £65 haircut
  • Big Mac sent into space lands in Essex
  • Tesco leaves woman inappropriate message
  • Argos denies request to change name

Source: Read Full Article