Trevor Noah took a deep dive on Thursday into the most bonkers coronavirus theories floating around.
“The Daily Show” host shared a few of his favorites:
• The virus jumped from a bat to a human.
• Coronavirus is caused by 5G cellphone towers.
• It’s a bioweapon created to take down old people.
“As soon as people started saying ‘OK, boomer,’ all of a sudden we’ve got coronavirus and old people are dying. That can’t be a coincidence,” Noah said sarcastically.
“Maybe it’s because someone was tired of giving up his seat on the bus. Maybe restaurant owners were tired of having to open for dinner at 3 p.m. Maybe young people were just tired of getting their ass whooped at bingo. The point is, the motive is there,” he added.
As much as it “totally makes sense,” Noah joked, he was forced to let it go because a team of scientists had to prove that coronavirus could not have been artificially engineered.
Here’s why all the other theories don’t quite work either:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
BEFORE YOU GO
Source: Read Full Article