Rita Ora has revealed she was ‘fearful of her life’ during her legal battle with former record label Roc Nation, which Jay-Z founded..
The Girls singer, 28, was allegedly prohibited from making music for five years after taking the label to court in 2015, claiming they neglected her.
She said she felt ‘scared’ for her mental health when she couldn’t record because making music was ‘all she knew’.
The singer took Roc Nation to court in 2015 to get released from her contract after claiming she’d been neglected by the label.
They countered with a $2.3 million (£1.75m) lawsuit, saying she hadn’t yet produced enough albums before they managed to reach a settlement.
Rita previously said the suit resulted in her having a ‘meltdown’ last year, and at one point she was stretchered off a photoshoot due to ‘pure exhaustion’.
‘I lost a lot of confidence in myself,’ Rita told The Guardian. ‘It felt like the worst thing.’
The Let You Love Me singer also claimed last year that she felt she was discriminated against by the label for being a woman.
She said that while her split from the label was amicable, she would have had a better outcome if she was a man.
‘I want to find the right word here, and maybe this is my interpretation, but I do feel I got discriminated against because I was a woman,’ Ora told the Sunday Times magazine.
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article