“Friends” star Jennifer Aniston joined comedian Jimmy Kimmel on his late night TV show on Thursday to surprise and thank a cardiovascular nurse who has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
Kimball Fairbanks, from St. George, Utah, appeared visibly stunned when Aniston joined the video call she having with the “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” host.
Fairbanks, who has been furloughed from her job and separated from her two children since her diagnosis earlier this week, admitted to surviving mainly off food deliveries. She said her symptoms have been mild.
So, she was further shocked when Aniston revealed she was to receive a $10,000 gift card from the on-demand delivery company Postmates ― as well as cards for every nurse on her hospital floor.
“Wow,” responded Fairbanks.
“But you have to use it all in one shot,” joked Kimmel.
Check out the full segment here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- The coronavirus worker revolt is just beginning
- Heads up: Not all your tax deadlines have been postponed
- I just got out of a COVID-19 ICU. Here’s how I made it through.
- How to make a no-sew coronavirus face mask
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- There’s a simple game that can stop a tantrum cold
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism – and keep it free for everyone – by becoming a HuffPost member today.
BEFORE YOU GO
Source: Read Full Article