Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter
Rita Ora has told how she is "deeply sorry" for flaunting lockdown rules by holding a 30th birthday bash at a restaurant.
It is claimed the singer partied with 30 friends at Casa Cruz in Notting Hill, West London on the evening of Saturday, 28 November, and has voluntarily paid a £10,000 fine to police.
The singer took to Instagram to issue an apology for the bash but downplayed the size of it by describing it as a "small gathering".
She wrote: "Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.
"It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK. I'm deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.
Rita Ora heartbroken as her 'glamorous' grandmother dies: 'I'm going to miss you everyday'
Rita Ora ‘infuriates locals’ as she spends lockdown in ‘rented rural property’
"This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.
"I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe. Even though this won't make it right, I want to sincerely apologise."
Speaking to MailOnline, a source close to the singer said: "Rita knows her actions were wrong which is why she has voluntarily paid the £10,000 fine to the council. She hopes this will go some way to making up for her error of judgement.
Rita’s Ora’s mum reveals she’s ‘heading to the NHS frontline’ to help tackle coronavirus pandemic
How Rita Ora doubled her fortune to £10m in one year without releasing any new music
It is alleged Metropolitan Police officers attended the restaurant on Saturday night at 9pm but found no evidence of the party.
They were seen knocking on the door of the restaurant again today without getting answer from staff inside the restaurant, it is claimed.
Police were also seen outside Rita's home today.
Kensington and Chelsea Council confirmed to OK! online it was also investigating the party.
A spokesman said: "We are aware of the reports and will be investigating them with the premises."
Residents living near the restaurant hit out at the singer for hosting the party.
A man in his fifties whose home overlooks the restaurant said: "I hoped they are fined the maximum amount by the council. What is the point of having rules if they are going to be broken just because someone wants to hold a party."
Poppy and Cara Delevingne as well as TOWIE star Vas Morgan, 31, were seen at the restaurant, in pictures published by The Sun.
Rita was seen leaving the building wearing a slinky wrap skirt and black face mask.
Officers were also seen outside the restaurant on Saturday peering into windows and trying to open one metal door.
The Met Police confirmed they had been called out on Saturday night to reports of a potential COVID-19 regulations breach in the area, Mail Online reported.
A source said there was a number of guests at the restaurant "dressed up very glamorously", adding "everyone entered the building through the back, with security watching the front to make sure no one else went in".
OK! has approached Rita Ora, Cara and Poppy Delevingne and Vas J Morgan's representatives for comment about the allegations.
Casa Cruz's representatives have also been contacted for comment.
The restaurant's director Nicholas Fallows told The Sun that he hadn't been aware of any plans for an event and the restaurant was 'owned by shareholders'.
Source: Read Full Article