Piers Morgan shocked viewers tonight as he shared a glimpse at his former friendship with The Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle .
The controversial TV presenter, 54, continued to criticise Prince Harry and former Suits actress Meghan, 38, as he shared an alleged message from Meghan to him on his Twitter page from 2015.
The Good Morning Britain presenter has been extremely vocal about his former friendship with the TV actress and has previously slammed her for snubbing him after becoming 'royal'.
He leaked their alleged first conversation by sharing a screenshot with his 7.1 million followers of Meghan's first 'DM' to him and joked about how she gushed over the presenter, admitting she was a 'big fan.'
The harsh-talking telly star Tweeted: "In happier times… when Meghan first slid into my DMs… think it’s fair to say she’s probably not such a ‘big fan’ of mine now."
The screenshotted message read: "Well hello there – thanks for the follow. Big fan of yours!"
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ’s announcement that they're distancing themselves from the royal family has been met with shock and anger by many, including from Piers.
The Duke of Sussex sat down for talks with the Queen on Monday, after he and his wife decided to step down from their roles as senior royals.
Ahead of their proposed move to Canada and a "transition period" between there and the UK, the Queen released a statement on what the talks resulted in with final plans yet to be confirmed.
Speaking about the unfolding "royal crisis" on GMB recently, Piers suggested the couple had got what they wanted as he branded them "two spoiled brats" who are holding The Queen "to ransom".
Piers has continued to lash out at the couple during heated discussion on the show – famously calling their behaviour " utterly outrageous".
The couple, who fled to Vancouver for a six-week Christmas hiatus, announced last week they intended to give up public life and step down as senior royals.
The bombshell announcement read: "After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution."
It continued: "We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.
"It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment."
The statement concluded: "We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages."
The couple went on to discuss Archie and their plans to raise him with an "appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born".
They said: "This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.
"We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support."
The couple have just returned to the UK from a six week Christmas break in Canada.
Earlier this year, Meghan and Harry took part in an ITV documentary with Tom Bradby in which they revealed they had been through a tough year.
Meghan became emotional as she said she had found being in the public eye while pregnant extremely difficult.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
Source: Read Full Article