Jeremy Clarkson has addressed the rumours that he's reportedly split from his girlfriend Lisa Hogan and been axed as the host of ITV quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
The Clarkson's Farm host, 62, shared his thanks for fans after receiving an influx of caring messages across his social media.
It comes following the news today (Wednesday 1 March) that revealed the ITV quiz show will only be running for one more season.
As a result, fans speculated Jeremy had been fired from the show following a furious backlash to his column berating Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex last year.
The Sun removed the column as a result, and Jeremy later explained he was incredibly and deeply sorry for his words in an apology post, also announcing to fans that he had contacted the Duke, Prince Harry, and Duchess, directly to apologise.
In the wake of today's statement from ITV boss Carolyn McCall, which confirmed the forthcoming season will be the final one presented by its current host, Jeremy took to Twitter to put the record straight.
"So many kind messages about today’s reports," he began.
"But relax. Lisa and I have not split up and I have not been sacked as host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."
“We have a contract," Carolyn said in her statement. "We’re contracted to this [season], so we will do that.
"And then we have no future commitments," the network boss added.
OK! have since contacted a representative at ITV for further comment, who said: "As we have said for several weeks, ITV is contractually committed to a further series of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (which has now been recorded.)
“There are no further commissioning commitments beyond that currently as is typical with such shows where we make commissioning decisions on a series by series basis.
“Therefore for the avoidance of doubt neither Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? nor Jeremy Clarkson have been cancelled," the statement added.
In response to Jeremy's reassuring tweet, fans still shared their sadness that he would only be presenting one more series of the quiz show.
"My understanding is the show itself has been cancelled entirely," one disappointed fan wrote.
Another person complained that the series would simply be "boring" without Jeremy at the helm.
While a third offered: "To be honest I think who wants to be millionaire has run its course, it’s getting boring now."
- For all your daily celebrity news and gossip, sign up to OK!’s newsletter – CLICK HERE
- Tiffany Watson pregnant! Made In Chelsea star shows off bump in sweet announcement
- Molly-Mae Hague bursts into tears in sweet moment as Tommy Fury wins Jake Paul fight
- Paris Fury's £50 Home Bargains present haul for son's birthday including Marvel toys
- To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE
Source: Read Full Article